- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 4 ripe bananas
- Heat griddle to 300 to 350 F.
Preparation – Crepes
- Prepare crepe batter the day before.
- Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir by hand until the batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest in the refrigerator at least 1 and up to 12 hours before preparing the crepes.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the center of the pan and swirling to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until it is set and has a little color and turn over.
- Set crepes aside to be used at a later time.
Preparation – Chocolate Sauce
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the ½ Tbsp of butter.
- Stir in 1 ½ Tbsp of milk then add the cocoa and confectioners’ sugar.
- Keep stirring to make smooth and until heated.
- Set aside and keep warm.
Makes: 3-4 crepes