Day 1: Arrival at The Glynn House Inn
The Inn is 1 hour from Manchester, 2 hours from Boston, 3 hours from Montreal & Providence, 4 hours from Hartford and 5 hours from New York. The Inn is situated on a quiet residential street and located in the heart of NH’s spectacular lakes & mountains. After arrival, relax on one of our wrap-around Victorian porches and enjoy the spectacular palette of colors. Have a pot of tea or freshly brewed coffee and a plate of delicious homemade cookies. Take a walk around the grounds, wander into the quaint town of Ashland or simply relax.
Day 2: Squam Lake, Center Sandwich & Hiking
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate is served adjacent to your room by 7.30 a.m. Breakfast is served at individual tables in the tranquility of our gracious dining room. After breakfast, explore Squam Lake by pontoon boat accompanied by expert guides from the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center. You’ll be enchanted by the spectacular fall vistas and wildlife encountered at every turn. Stop for lunch at the historic Corner House Inn, which is located in a quintessential NH village, Center Sandwich. After lunch, go for a stroll and peek into one of the local art galleries, antique shops or take a step back in time and visit the general store. Before returning to the Inn, stop at the Old Bridle Path trailhead. A gentle 45-minute walk will reward visitors of spectacular autumn views of Squam Lake and surrounding mountains. Head back to the Inn and relax.
- Glynn House guests save 16% on boat tour. Estimated cost 21 dollars per person.
- Approximate driving time to Squam Lake is 5 minutes; approximate driving time from Natural Science Center to Center Sandwich 12 minutes.
Day 3: Hobo Railway Foliage Train & Franconia Notch
This morning, come aboard the Hobo Railroad and enjoy an 80 minute round trip, Fall Foliage Season Train Excursion. Travel through a natural woodsy setting along the banks of the beautiful Pemigewasset River.
- Estimated cost 15 dollars per person; Estimated Flume Gorge & Aerial Tramway costs are each 25 dollars per person.
- Approximate Driving time to Hobo RR station, approximately 25 minutes.
This afternoon, explore Franconia Notch State Park, a spectacular mountain pass located in the heart of the White Mountains. Stop and take a walk through the renowned Flume Gorge and enjoy the spectacular fall colors. Ride the exciting Cannon Aerial Tramway at Cannon Mountain, and visit the NH Ski Museum. Enjoy the magnificent NH countryside! Estimated Flume Gorge & Aerial Tramway costs are each 25 dollars per person.
- Estimated Flume Gorge & Aerial Tramway costs are each 25 dollars per person.
- Approximate driving time to Flume Gorge from Hobo Railway station is 10 minutes.
Day 4: Mount Washington & Kancamagus Scenic Byway
The drive north from Ashland to the entrance to the Kancamagus National Scenic Byway passes along the beautiful Pemigewasset River. Stop at the five covered bridges along the route and take photos with a multicolored backdrop. Drive east along one of America’s most attractive roads. The waterfalls and scenic autumn vistas will delight photographers. Turn onto NH Route 16 and drive north through Pinkham Notch until reaching the entrance to the Mount Washington Toll Road. As you climb the tallest mountain in the northeast, you’ll enjoy magnificent fall scenery. On your return to the Inn stop for tea at the historic Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods.
- Estimated cost for car and two adults 34 dollars.
- Approximate driving time to Mount Washington Toll Road entrance 75 minutes; return journey along NH route 3 and I-93 approximately 60 minutes
Day 5: Lake Winnipesaukee & Castle of the Clouds
Drive to Weirs Beach and board the historic M.S. Mount Washington for a 2.5 hour cruise around spectacular Lake Winnipesaukee. Stop for lunch in Wolfeboro before continuing north along scenic NH Route 109 before stopping at the magnificent Castle of the Clouds (Lucknow Estate). Explore the rooms and delightful grounds.
- Estimated cost of M. S. Mount Washington 29 dollars per person. Castle of the Clouds entrance fees 16 dollars per person.
- Approximate driving time to Weirs Beach 20 minutes; driving time from Weirs Beach to Wolfeboro; return journey via Castle of the Clouds 60 minutes
Day 6: Scenic Lakes & Canterbury Shaker Village
After breakfast, travel south along scenic NH country lanes viewing lakes and rural farms that provide picture postcard views. Canterbury Shaker Village is a national historic landmark and museum. There are 25 restored buildings, gardens, fields, ponds and forests. Known for its tranquil beauty, the village offers tours, hiking trails, unique shopping and delicious food.
- Glynn House guests save approximately 50%. Estimated cost is 15 dollars.
- Approximate driving time to Canterbury Shaker Village 45 minutes along country roads.
Note: Guests who want a modified itinerary can choose from the activities listed or a wide choice of other options. Scheduling is completely flexible, and guests may choose their activities on a day-to-day basis. Train rides should be reserved prior to arrival.
Other Activities: Visitors might also want to consider cultural attractions, fishing, golf, hiking, museums & historic sites, outdoor adventure, vineyards & breweries and ‘tax free’ shopping.